Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dancing the week away


This week was really cool! Monday, I went with Elizabeth and Maddie to try out a Thai place. Elizabeth is Persian and so her family cooks with a lot of spices and the food is always layers of flavor and texture. So you can see why the Irish palate is obviously extremely bland for her. It’s been fun to try foreign food her because I’m curious to see if theirs is similar to our versions of these foreign foods or if they have their own spin on things. It seemed like what you would get back in the States, so I guess some things can only change so much. It was very good though and it was nice to hang out with them.
Tuesday I got to go to Riverdance. Before the show, the day was beautiful and there was no point in me going back to UCD because I would have to just get right back on the bus and ride it back into the city. So, I’d brought a book with me and I went and enjoyed the weather in St. Stephen’s Green. Then, we all met up at the Gaiety Theatre for the show.

Gaiety theatre

I’d like to say a bit about my really awesome co-workers now. First, Aoife my boss. She’s so cool! She’s very smart, really good at leading her project and very attentive. I really enjoy working for her. Then there’s Ian and Brian. Brian is another intern (but more permanent one than I) and Ian helps Aoife and switches off as office manager with Tosin. Brian and Ian are my inside guys (if I were a spy), they’re my informants about everything Irish, which I really appreciate. Plus, they’re really funny. Ian realized early on I can be gullible and tries to tell me the wrong stuff, but I caught on quick, still it’s quite entertaining. Tosin is very nice, a little bashful, and likes to sing while she works (we often have the radio on while we all work). Then there’s Peter from Hungary. He might not talk very loud, but he has gems of insight and is pretty funny too. Helena has a very bubbly personality, she’s in charge of public affairs (Brian works for her). Killian is our CEO and he’s a real joker, though he manages to pull of the joking but still in charge persona, which is quite impressive. Arthur just joined recently. He’s from Belfast (pretty cool!) and is also somewhat reserved, but definitely gives his opinion on things. Zeph, Ali and Hillary all work in the clinic (so I don’t get to see them too often) but they’re all very nice. Hillary, Zeph and Tosin all speak French, so I got to join their French club! This is definitely a great group, their personalities all mesh together well which is why the office runs so smoothly. So now you have just a glimpse of the cool people I’ve been working with!

My work is above an italian restaurant

the lower floor where i work (i'm at a desk behind the wall on the right
Tosin

Brian

Ian

Helena

Aoife and me




No comments:

Post a Comment